In many homes today, homeowners are taking advantage of recessed lighting and the benefits that come from them. Just like with anything else, this type of lighting comes with benefits as well as drawbacks. It is important to take a look at recessed lighting from every different angle so that you can make an informed decision as to whether or not it is the right fit for your home. Burley Electrical Services is here to lay out the many benefits as well as the few drawbacks that come with choosing these types of lights for your home.
Advantages of Recessed Lighting
When you choose recessed lighting for your home, these lights are flush with the ceiling as they are installed in an opening either in the ceiling or wall. That way, the light in the room is coming from a hole in the ceiling to create bright, effective light. There are many benefits that make this choice a smart one for homes across the country. Here are just some of them.
– Low Profile Ceiling Lights: While there are some light fixtures that are attractive and add a lot to the room, they also take up a lot of space and can make a room look cluttered. With recessed lighting, the ceiling line is clear and it can make the room look larger. This is extremely effective in areas like hallways too, that can easily look cluttered when light fixtures are in the way.
– Bright Light: Recessed lighting is incredibly beneficial as many people find that the illumination is much greater than other lighting sources. The light is distributed much more effectively with recessed lighting.
– Recessed Lighting Style: For modern homes or minimalistic homes, there isn’t a better type of lighting than recessed lighting. Recessed lighting offers a simple and classic look that fits into almost any style. You don’t have to worry about this type of lighting going out of style.
– Recessed Lighting Uses: You can literally put recessed lighting anywhere. You can put it underneath cabinetry, it can be used for task lighting and can also be used as ambient lighting. You can customize your recessed lighting to fit the needs of your home.
Disadvantages of Recessed Lighting
While there are some drawbacks to recessed lighting, many homeowners find that the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.
– More Canless Lighting Bulbs: To get the great dispersed light offered by recessed lighting, you may find that you need to have more lights installed than you would with a fixture. However, several lights give you the brightness needed.
– Electrical Reconfiguration: To have recessed lighting installed in your home, you will more than likely need the help of a qualified electrician to get the job done. This isn’t a job you should do on your own.
Lighting Consultation, Electrical Wiring & More in Pompano Beach, Imperial Point, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland & Fort Lauderdale, Florida
If you are interested in having recessed lighting installed in your home, you can count on the experts at Burley Electrical Services to get the job done. Call us today! For more information, you can also visit www.burleyelectric.com.