With energy saving concerns on the brain, many people are trying to do their part in conserving energy, and save some cash. There are countless options everyone can do when it comes to lighting, along with energy conserving habits and ideas to help manage the energy consumption. When it comes to the lighting in your homes or businesses, you do have your options, LED lighting being among them.
With that in mind, we at Burley Electrical Services would like to list the benefits of switching to LED lighting.
1. Light Bulb Longevity. LED light bulbs and diodes have an exceptional lifespan that goes beyond most of the competitors. In a nutshell if you ran the lights continuously, you will have 11 years worth of operation, and at 50% use, your bulb will extend 22 years of life. Using the lights 8 hours a day would have you changing out the LED bulb in approximately 20 years. LED bulbs are engineered a little different than the generic light bulb. Instead of burning out of a period of time like a standard bulb, LED bulbs more or less dwindle the brightness the diodes emit over time, making them less and less bright has the years and use pass.
2. Energy Efficient Lighting. LED lights consume up to 90% less power than the standard bulb. Being that they use a mere fraction of energy than normal bulbs, utility bills are considerably less. Along with saving more cash on utility bills, you save money with infrequent bulb replacing. Because of the efficient energy source LED bulbs have to offer, they are an excellent companion to solar energy alternatives. LED bulbs are initially more costly than a standard bulb, but the money saved over time is well worth the investment.
3. Light Bulb Durability. Instead of using a filament or neon gas the standard bulb uses, LED bulbs use semiconductor materials in a solid state lighting device. LED bulbs are far sturdier do to the tiny chip encapsulate in an epoxy resin encasement. Being that LED lights are void of fragile glass and filaments, and are able endure shock, vibration and extreme heat.
4. Electrical Safety. Even with long lasting hours of use, LED lights do not get hot to the touch. Despite the excessive use, if someone should come into contact with the bulb, it will not be a painful experience. With the lack of heat consumption the bulbs are free from burns and reduce potential fires.
5. Eco-Friendly Lighting. LED lights are manufactured with absolutely no toxic materials. Fluorescent bulbs, for example, rely on mercury in their composition to function, which can negatively impact the environment. LED lights are capable of being recycled to make it more suitable on the environment.
6. LED Lights Variety. LED lights are available in an assortment colors; red, blue, green and amber to name a few. Traditional bulbs use filters to acquire the certain colors, where as LED bulbs are blended to produce more vibrant colors.
7. Lighting Versatility. LED bulbs can be installed and used in a wide variety of applications. Residential lighting, aerospace industry, architectural, automotive, broadcasting, electronic instrumentation, entertainment and gaming, the military, traffic and transportation are all ideal for the use of LED lights. Being LED lights are direct light source, they are more optimal in specific lighting needs such as; desk lamps, reading lights, night lights, security lights, spot lights, accent lights and lighting for signage.
LED & Other Interior & Exterior Lighting Options & Electrical Services in Pompano Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Fort Lauderdale & South Florida
LED lights are becoming increasing popular, and will eventually be commonplace to have LED lights. Burley Electrical Services team of professionals has been masterfully trained and is the leading experts in the field. Call us today!