Whether you lived in a home for years, or you recently moved into a new dwelling, sometimes the place needs upgrades and adjustments to make it more suited to your tastes and needs. Lighting plays an intricate roll in a room’s dynamic. A simple, dull light fixture can make it difficult to see while cleaning or cooking, or just making conversation with family or guests. With the varying options truly available to enhance your kitchen’s functionality and ambiance, getting some additional lights or adding features can be very beneficial. The kitchen is where most families spend the bulk of their time. Meals are prepared and served, homework and conversations are hosted there, and having the kitchen more appropriately lit, can be just the thing you need to glorify the room you spend an abundance of time.
Burley Electrical Services would like to enlighten you on your kitchen lighting options!
1. Aesthetically pleasing. Simply replacing light fixtures to correspond to the overall design style of your home can dramatically improve the feel and look. For example, utilizing contemporary custom light fixtures to compliment clean cut architectural lines on furniture and strikingly bold art is an exceptional way to enhance the aesthetics of any home.
2. Think outside the box. It’s okay to break away from tradition. Lighting above a kitchen island is beneficial and can add the right touch of dazzle, breaking out from traditional pendants. If not already installed, get the lighting above your island to help brighten up your kitchen. For a clean and uninterrupted appearance, choose a light fixture liken unto a skylight.
3. Layered lighting. For those that love your lighting options, put lights on multiple levels. Along with that, insist all lights are featured with dimmers. Elegant ceiling lighting, with practical lights under the cabinets, and perhaps a few floor lights around an island can give the room versatility in creating subtle ambiance, or well lit working space.
4. Lighting centerpiece. When it comes to adequate lighting, leave the task to sufficient camouflaged fixtures placed under the cabinets. On the ceiling, go for the prominently eye catching ceiling fixture. Vintage or antique fixtures are examples ceiling features that can really the centerpiece that gives flow to the rest of the kitchen.
5. Avoid dark corners. To anyone who spends a lot of time cooking, baking, or even crafting in the kitchen, you know that lighting is optimal for counter space. Have subtle lights installed under cabinets, over walk ways, stove tops, sinks and prepping areas to give off the light you need and to not get stuck in a dark corner.
6. Functional lighting and lifestyle lighting. Having adequate lighting is important for completing tasks in the kitchen, but kitchens are becoming the heart of many homes, and keeping your sense of style is just as important. Incorporate lighting fixtures that fit your home and your lifestyle, while still having additional lights serving your needs, these little charmers can bring a subtle gratification that brings charm into your kitchen.
Residential Electrician & Commercial Electrical Contractor in Pompano Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Fort Lauderdale & South Florida
There are plenty of choices available to give your kitchen what it needs. Our professional electricians at Burley Electrical Services can consult with you to get the lighting better suited for your needs and your budget. Call us today to get started!