Hurricane season is quickly approaching. It is vital that we are all prepared for the severe weather that seems to be a common occurrence during this time of the year. One of the best ways to ensure that your home is ready for the onslaught of severe weather that we are sure to experience is with a whole home generator. Burley Electrical Services is here to talk about how a whole home generator system can help you be as prepared as possible should we experience a hurricane this season.
Why You Need a Whole Home Standby Generator Installed in Your House
While it might be tempting to purchase a portable generator to get you through storm season in Florida, there are several reasons why this is the inferior option. Here are some of the top reasons you should consider having a standby generator installed in your home:
– Dependability: For most portable generators, you can plan on getting about 10-11 hours of use out of it when you are at 50% load capacity. This isn’t that long. On the other hand, with a whole home generator, you can get 3- 10 days of use out of it depending on the size of the tank on your system. These generators are going to be far more dependable for you than any portable generator will be.
– Convenience: Not only will you have a more dependable way to get power with a whole home generator, but you will also have the convenience of it being there and ready to use anytime you should need it. The last thing anyone wants to have to deal with in the middle of severe weather is going outside to get the portable generator up and going.
– Quality: There is a reason that most portable generators don’t come with a long warranty. They aren’t built to last long term. A whole home generator on the other hand, is built to last. They can give you 10-15 years of use when you choose a high quality generator to have installed in your home.
– Noise: This might not be the top reason that homeowners decide to have a whole home generator installed in their home, but the noise level is quite different between a portable generator and one that is installed in your home. When you think about having it run for multiple days, you are going to want something that isn’t going to drive you crazy while using it.
– Safety: There are many people that rely on power for health and safety reasons. If you have medical needs that depend on power, this is a no brainer. You want to make sure you have the power needed to keep you and those you love safe during severe weather.