There are some people that underestimate the power of the lighting that is found in their home. It isn’t until you upgrade some of your lighting that you realize what a big difference it can make in the overall look and feel of your home. Interior lighting should be a main focus whenever you are designing a home or a new space. Interior lighting is essential to making a space functional as well as beautiful. Burley Electrical Services is here to talk about full-spectrum lighting and why it is Important in any space.
What is Full-Spectrum Lighting?
In the 1960s, the term full-spectrum lighting was first introduced. It is a broad term that isn’t always easy to differentiate from other types of lighting because it can be placed on labels without actually doing anything different. When you are talking about full-spectrum lighting, you are talking about a light source that simulates both visible and UV spectrum of natural light. Full-spectrum lighting can increase visual clarity as well as elevate the atmosphere of your home.
Why Full-Spectrum Lights are Worth It
There are both health and aesthetic benefits that come from implementing full-spectrum lighting in your home.
– Sleep: There have been many studies that show the effects of bright light therapy as you are starting your day out. It can help balance circadian rhythms and help you reduce the sleepiness that you feel during the day.
– Mood: Full-spectrum lighting can also have an impact on your mood. This lighting is used is bright light therapy to help combat seasonal affective disorders because of its impact on the brain.
– Enhanced Color Rendering: The biggest advantage that full-spectrum lighting has over other types of lighting is the wide variety of colors that are shown. This helps to improve your color perception so that you can more clearly see details and visual characteristics of objects much better. This is obviously why it is so important in spaces where art, graphic design or other photos and videos are concerned.
– Reduced Energy Use: Because there is better color rendering in this lighting, less energy is needed to get the same level of visibility as other light sources. This means that you are going to be using less energy and paying less each month.
How You Can Implement Full-Spectrum Lighting in Your Home
There are a few different ways you can implement full-spectrum lighting in your home.
– Lightbulbs: Without replacing fixtures completely, you can buy full-spectrum lightbulbs to upgrade your lighting and visibility in your home.
– Lamps: If you have windowless rooms in your home, an inexpensive way to bring some full spectrum lighting into the house is with lamps. The most common places to put these lamps is in the bathroom.
– Light Filters: One of the quickest ways to implement full-spectrum lighting in the house is with light filters that can be placed on top of your current light bulbs.
Electrical Wiring Inspections & More in Pompano Beach, Imperial Point, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland & Fort Lauderdale, Florida
If you have any questions or problems with your electrical system, you can turn to Burley Electrical Services. Call us today!