The home’s electrical panel is the heart of your home’s entire electrical system. The electrical panel needs to function correctly to ensure your home’s safety. The electrical panel is designed to shut off immediately if any interior wires are endangered of overheating occurs. Both of these things can cause electrical fires. When an electrical panel (or sometimes called the service panel) ages, it will need to be updated to ensure your home’s safety and proper electrical function and usage. Burley Electrical Services will share when an electrical panel needs to be updated.
When to Upgrade your Electrical Panel
– It is important to know what signs to watch for when it comes to your home’s electrical panel to ensure your home safety and the proper control of the electrical outputs your home uses. When these signs alert you, you will want to have your electrical panel inspected and updated.
– If your home is using a fuse panel or relies on fuses, stay alert. Some fuses can pose a serious fire hazard. Fuse panels are often found in older homes. Many home insurance companies won’t cover a home that is still using fuse panels for the risk they pose. If your home is still using fuses consider replacing and upgrading to an electrical panel.
– Old or unreliable wiring that cause lights to flicker or appear dim or even periodically shock you when you use the light switch is a major indicator of problems. If you get a shock from appliances or electronics, or if you sometimes get a whiff of a burning smell, along with discoloration around your outlets, this is another sign of power surges or wires may be over heating.
– If you’re overloading your electrical system due to the need for more power, you may need to upgrade. Most homes only supply around 100 amps. With so many modern devices, often homeowners may find they require around 150 amps or more. When your home currently doesn’t supply you with enough power or you experience short-outs, you may want to consider upgrading your electrical panel to supply your home with more amps.
– Do you use extension cords or need to use outlet adapters to supply you with more sockets? When your home doesn’t have the number of outlets that you need, you can upgrade your panel and add more outlets in your home. You will need to update the electrical panel in order to add additional outlets to your home or you won’t have enough amps.
If the service panel is damaged or acting up due to age, you will want to replace or upgrade your panel. Some signs of age are frequent power trips and cracking sounds when the breaker is reset. If your appliances or electrical devices are functioning without full power, your electrical panel is too old and is on its way out.
Electrical Wiring Work & More in Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Fort Lauderdale & South Florida
Replacing an electrical panel requires the aid of a licensed electrician. To ensure the job gets done properly and to ensure the safety of your home, never attempt to upgrade or repair your home electrical system yourself. Burley Electrical Services can help maintain your home and commercial properties electrical systems. We provide many valuable electrical services. Contact Burley Electrical Services today.