Living in Florida, it is likely that you realize that saving energy can help you lower your household expenses as well as benefit the environment. Florida’s advanced energy market far surpasses our agricultural exports! A significant amount of the energy used in your home goes towards running your appliances. Making sure appliances run effectively and efficiently reduces waste and makes for a much more environmentally friendly home. Burley Electrical Service Inc. is a licensed, insured and bonded electrical contracting company. Our professional electricians are available 24/7 to meets the needs of our customers and assist them with emergency and no so urgent situations. We offer a variety of electric services from basic repairs to new home electrical. There are many opportunities available for saving energy and better utilizing your appliances throughout the home. Burley Electrical Services lists 10 appliance and electronic energy efficiency tips to get you started.
Energy Saving Tips; How Can You Make Appliances More Energy Efficient?
1. Wash and dry only full loads of laundry. High-efficiency washing machines reduce energy by as much as 70%, water use can reduce energy by an additional 50%
2. Use the cold water cycle instead of hot water when washing your clothes. Not only will you be saving energy, your clothes will last longer as well.
3. Don’t forget to clean your dryer’s lint filter after every load. A clean filter improves the dryer’s efficiency.
4. To take advantage of the heat buildup in the dryer, dry your loads of laundry back-to-back.
5. Dishwasher, dryers and washers emit heat, which in turn rises the temperature in your home. Your air conditioner output is increased to keep up with cooling your home and costing you extra money. Saving the cleaning chores till after dark will help diminish some of the extra stress on your unit.
6. Keep range-top burners and reflectors clean; they will reflect the heat better, and you will save energy as well as money.
7. Turn of the TV when you leave the room. Some newer models emit heat.
8. Shut down your computer when you are not using it. Screen savers don’t actually save energy so enable your computers sleep mode. Burley Electrical Service recommends using a surge protector for sensitive devices.
9. Unplug battery chargers for cell phones, cameras, and other handheld gadgets when they are not being used. These devices can sneakily account for up to 10% of your monthly energy bill.
10. Check the energy guide label before making a purchase. The energy star rating provides information on how much energy the appliance uses, compare energy usages of similar products and estimates annual operating costs.
Electrical Wiring Inspections & More in Pompano Beach, Imperial Point, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland & Fort Lauderdale, Florida
You don’t need to make huge sacrifices to conserve energy and save money. By changing some of your habits and putting these helpful tips in place, you will see your energy bills lowered and your wallet grow. Contact Burley Electrical Services We are equipped with knowledgeable and experienced electrical contractors who are ready to tackle all of your electrical needs. Our company is committed to delivering solid expertise and highly skilled workmanship.