Not only does the right outdoor lighting add beauty to your landscaping, but it can add an extra layer of security for your home as well. If your outdoor lighting seems to be outdated, you may want to consider making a few changes to it that will leave you with an upgraded outdoor lighting system. Burley Electrical Services is here to talk about some outdoor lighting upgrades you may want to consider this summer.
Outdoor Lighting Types
If your outdoor lighting system is outdated, there may be several lighting options that are new to you. Here is a rundown of the most common outdoor lights in landscape lighting.
• Path Lights– This outdoor lighting option is an important one. It keeps your walkways lit for guests that come to visit during the evening hours. These lights will also be used to line flowerbeds in order to make them more pronounced.
• Spotlights– These are a great option to put the focus on trees used in landscaping. Any place in your landscaping that you want attention drawn to should have a spotlight installed.
• Well Lights– These are also used to put the focus on flowerbeds.
• Deck Lights– When you have a deck, it is important that it is well lit during night hours to help people navigate it safely.
• Post Cap Lights– These lights will be found on top of the posts of your deck to add to the ambiance of the outdoor area.
Lighting Control & Automation System Options
Part of your landscape lighting involves the controls. To keep your system energy efficient, you want to have some control over when the lights are on and when they turn off. Here are some control options for your outdoor lighting.
• Timers– If you don’t want to have to think about your outdoor lighting on a regular basis, consider getting timers that will turn on and shut off the lights at the time that works best for your needs.
• Motion Sensors– You may want the lights to only come on when there are guests at your house. For these homeowners, motion sensor controls will work wonderfully.
• Photoelectric Sensors– This type of sensor is able to sense when light is present and when it isn’t. They unlike timers, don’t have to be set to accommodate the daylight hour changes.
Upgrading to LED Lighting
Homeowners are always looking for ways to make their homes more energy efficient. Switching your outdoor lighting to LED bulbs from the traditional halogen bulbs will cost more upfront, but you will end up saving money in the long run. LED bulbs don’t only use less energy but they also last ten times longer than other bulbs.
Outdoor Lighting Upgrades, Installation & More in Pompano Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Fort Lauderdale & South Florida
You may not know where to start when it comes to upgrading your outdoor lighting. The professional electricians at Burley Electrical Services can tell you all about the upgrades available to you as we help you reach your outdoor lighting goals. Call us today!