Older houses, apartments, condos, and so forth were not built intuitively in many aspects, especially when it comes to the electrical demand that we need accommodated for modern living. These days, we have so many appliances and electrical devices that make our lives convenient, bring entertainment, or other perks. Where there are is a host of issues concerning the electrical system of older homes, we at Burley Electrical Services, Inc would like to elaborate on not having enough outlets in the dwelling and some tips on what you can do about it.
Solutions to Not Enough Electrical Outlets
1) AC Adapter Tap Power Supply Connector. The computer area alone likely needs 2-3 dozen outlets, especially for those who have a desktop, laptop, printers, wifi routers, and so on. If you are having a problem with the outlet availability, have one of the devices, like the laptop for example, pull double duty with a brick-attached device known as an AC Adapter Tap. To give you 2 extra plugs, this little device plugs in between your power cord and your AC Adapter brick.
2) Extend Your Reach. Some of the issue can simply be that the outlets are not ideally designed and located in off places where your plugs cannot reach. Consider extension cords. Obviously, no one wants their home looking like a construction site with orange industrial cords but you can try the Multi-Lines. These are colorful extension cords, white, blue, or pink, that can stagger their outlets along the length of the cord; giving you 3 plugs in three different places for each one you plug in to the wall. It should be noted that Burley Electrical Services, Inc doesn’t recommend extension cords for permanent use.
3) Cut Back of Use of Electrical Devices. Some don’t like having extension cords strung everywhere, although you can secure them and even camouflage with covers, or if you in a rental and don’t have permanent options, like installing new outlets, you may have to decide what to do without or only plug in as needed. Where some electronics and devices are optimally left plugged in, some can be unplugged when not in use, and free up an outlet for when you need it for something else.
4) Install Additional Electrical Outlets. If you have permission from a landlord, or you own a home, you can install additional outlets. Unless you have prior experience working with electrical systems, it is best to hire an electrician to install a few outlets in various rooms of the house where they are needed, or even potentially needed. It is a good investment and can help future needs being better prepared having a few more outlets than what you currently need.
5) Double Your Plug-In Space. If the additional outlets are not an option, you can plug in adapters that transforms a 2 outlet into a 4 outlet, and so on. You’re able to plug in four bulky devices with transformers as well.
Electrical Services in Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Fort Lauderdale & South Florida
When you need additional outlets or circuit breakers installed to handle the extra power, call Burley Electrical Services, Inc and let our electricians ensure your electrical needs are met safely and efficiently. Contact us today.