When you update the lighting fixtures in your home, it can really make a big difference. If your home is looking outdated, updating these fixtures can give your home a facelift at a price that you can afford. However, some people may be wondering what is involved in the installation process of new light fixtures and can they do it on their own? Burley Electrical Services is here to walk through the steps of installing new light fixtures in your home and some of the dangers that can come with it if you don’t know what you’re doing.
How to Install a New Light Fixture
Getting new light fixtures in your home is exciting. It is also a pretty basic process to getting them installed when you know what you’re doing. If you haven’t ever tackled a job like this on your own, you may not know the first thing in installing a light fixture. This is when it can be dangerous and the risk of electrical shock is greatly increased. Here are the steps that should be followed any time a light fixture in being installed in your home or business.
– Turn Off Power: The first and foremost important step in installing a new light fixture is to turn off the power supply to that light. This can be done by simply turning off the breaker that powers that light in your home.
– Remove Old Light Fixture: You will need a screwdriver for the next step in removing the old light fixture.
– Disconnecting Wires: Now that the fixture has been removed, the wires that power the light should be exposed. They will need to be disconnected and the old fixture will need to be safely set aside. The wires are connected using push in, twist or crimp connectors.
– Connecting the New Light: The wires are color coded and need to be matched up to connect the new light to power. New lights always come with a connector system to help you get these wires connected.
– Mounting the Fixture: Your new fixture came with some mounting hardware to help you fasten it to your ceiling or wall. This should be done with whatever bolts or screws came in the light fixture kit.
– Turn Back On Power: Now that you have the wires connected and the fixtured mounted, you are ready to restore power. Simply flip the switch on your breaker and you should have a fully functioning light.
Residential Electrical Installation, Repair & More in Imperial Point, Pompano Beach, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
If the installation process of a new light fixture in your home seems daunting, you can rely on the experts at Burley Electrical Services to make sure your fixture is installed correctly and also safely. We are highly trained to ensure your electrical system is working as it should to give your home light and power. Call us today with any electrical needs you may have!