Every home should have security lighting. It helps you see your surroundings when the darkness creeps in. But there are other good reasons to have it installed around your home. When you have outdoor lighting installed, you’re making a multi-purpose purchase. One that will pay off in several ways.
Reasons Landscape Lighting Installation
1. Safety and awareness. Probably the best reason to have outdoor lighting installed is for the safety it provides you with. You may be surprised to learn that accidental injury is the third leading cause of death. That’s a pretty alarming fact considering that accidents can be avoided. Adding lights is one way to do it! You can add lighting to driveways, pathways, steps, patios, and backyards to reduce or eliminate he chance of an accident.
2. Lighting for functionality. Outdoor lighting is a great way to enhance outdoor entertaining. When an area is well-lit your gatherings can go on much longer once natural daylight runs out. You can also count on an amplified setting when darkness falls to boost the outdoor mood. Lighting that is warmer with ambient tones is both inviting and encouraging to guests and you for that matter!
3. Improves home security. We all want to feel safe. Burglaries are the most common threat to homeowners. Outdoor lighting is a great way to deter burglars from making your home their next hit. Shadows and dark corners are eliminated, leaving thieves nowhere to hide. It’s much harder for them to break-in when they are easily spotted by neighbors or cameras. Add lighting with timers to keep thieves guessing if you’re home. Adjust the timers often for added security. Motion sensor lighting brings awareness to the setting immediately. You can adjust how long you want the lights to stay on after motion has been detected for different areas of your home.
4. Exterior lighting increases property value. You can increase the overall worth of your home with outdoor lighting. It’s a feature that will add to your home’s value and get you a higher appraisal if and when you sell. You can also reduce the amount you pay on home insurance because your home becomes less likely to be broken into. Many insurance companies will reduce your premiums. This is another way you can invest to save.
5. Long lasting and energy savings. If you go with LED bulb options, you can avoid a huge increase in your energy bill. LED lights have a lower voltage than other bulbs and omit very little heat. That means you’ll save money and reduce the risk of fire hazards at the same time. LED lighting also lasts a long time, so you won’t have to change light bulbs that burn out often.
Landscape Lighting Services & More in Imperial Point, Pompano Beach, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Outdoor lighting is useful to help you see at night but can provide you with other benefits too. Once you’ve installed security lights, you will be rewarded with a sense of safety and security. Contact Burley Electric Services to help install security lights to your home.