When it comes to your electrical system, it isn’t something you want to mess around with. In fact, most house fires are caused by electrical malfunctions of some kind. That is why it is so important that your electrical system is up to date and as safe as possible. If you have an older home, your electrical system may need some updating to ensure your home is safe from an electrical fire. Burley Electrical Services is here to talk about some signs you may find in your home when your electrical system is old and needs to be updated.
What is Considered Outdated Wiring?
If you need to have updates done on your electrical system, there are surely going to be signs that point in that direction. Following are some of the signs that you should be looking for that point to a problem with your electrical system.
– Flickering Lights: It isn’t uncommon to have lights flicker a bit when you are experiencing a bad storm outside, but if you notice this happening whenever you have your lights on, it is a sign that there is a problem with your electrical system somewhere. It may mean that your electrical system is having a difficult time keeping up with the demands of your home.
– Circuit Breaker Trips: The circuit breakers in your home are in place to trip if there is a risk of a power surge. When your breaker is overloaded, it may trip as well. This can happen when you’re using too many high powered appliances at one. However, if you have breakers tripping left and right, it is a sign that you need some work on your electrical panel to help your system handle the electrical demands of your household.
– Frayed Electrical Wiring: You never want to see any graying in your electrical system. The only problem is that the fraying is usually out of sight and hidden behind the walls in your home. Frayed wiring is often uncovered when remodeling is happening and should never be ignored.
– Warm Electrical Outlets: If you have noticed that the outlets in your home are warm to the touch when something is plugged in, that isn’t a good sign. The outlets shouldn’t be discolored either. Anytime you notice that there is a hint of smoke in the air when you plug something in, you should call a professional immediately for help.
– Strange Noises: You don’t want to hear any buzzing or sizzling coming from your outlets or lights either. This is a sign that there is bad wiring that needs to be replaced.
Electrical Wiring Inspections & More in Pompano Beach, Imperial Point, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland & Fort Lauderdale, Florida
If you have any of the issues listed above in your home, it’s time to call the pros at Burley Electrical Services for help. We can upgrade your electrical system to ensure your home is absolutely safe from an electrical fire. Call us today!