The electrical system in your home is one of the most important pieces that keeps your home functioning. This ever important system is also one that can become highly dangerous if it is outdate and not up to code. The risk of an electrical fire is something that no homeowner wants to experience. Luckily, there are signs that you should be watching for that will clue you into any outdated electrical wiring that needs some attention. Burley Electrical Services is here to talk about the signs that are present when you are in danger of having outdated wiring.
What is Considered Outdated Wiring?
Following are some of the signs that are sure to be present when your wiring needs some updating.
– Tripped Breakers: The circuit breakers in your home are in place to keep your home safe from dangerous power surges. It isn’t uncommon for these breakers to trip occasionally. When this happens, all you have to do is flip a switch to get things up and running again. However, if it happens frequently, you need to have things looked at by an electrician.
– Frayed Electrical Wiring: If you happen to notice that there is some frayed wiring in your home, you should never ignore it. You need to have it looked at by a professional as soon as possible to avoid a fire.
– Dimming Lights: Sometimes, things like severe weather or a downed tree can cause your lights to momentarily flicker and dim. If this is happening every single time you turn on the lights though, you need to have the issue looked at by an electrician.
– Warm Electrical Outlets: Your outlets are one of the most important parts of your electrical system. We all use multiple devices and appliances throughout the day that wouldn’t work without them. You shouldn’t even be able to feel any warmth coming from your outlets when you’re using them though. If there is any discoloration or warmth coming from your outlets, it is more than likely time to have them updated.
– Strange Noises from Fixtures: Sometimes, you may find that you can hear a sizzling sound coming from a fixture or an outlet. This is definitely a sign that there is a problem that needs to be addressed. You shouldn’t be able to hear any buzzing or anything coming from your fixtures or outlets when they are in use.
– Aluminum Wiring: If your home was built during the late 60s to early 70s, there is a good chance that there is aluminum wiring in your electrical system. These homes are far more likely to experience a fire. All aluminum wiring should be replaced for safety.
Professional Electrical Contractor Services & More in Pompano Beach, Imperial Point, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland & Fort Lauderdale, Florida
If you have noticed any of these signs in your home, you can call on Burley Electrical Services to help you get to the bottom of the problem. We will update your electrical wiring if it is needed. Call us today!