With the rising gas prices we are seeing today, many people are finding that there are several benefits to driving an electric vehicle (EV). It is a great way to save money and to be more conscious of the world we live in. When you drive an electric vehicle, there are several different charging options to give you the range you’re in need of. One of the best ways to charge is to find a way to do it at home though. Burley Electrical Services is here to talk about the benefits that can come when you have an EV charging station installed at your home.
Why Should a House Install an EV Charger?
If you have made the switch and now drive an EV, you are more than likely thinking about charging your vehicle on a regular basis. While you don’t have to have a charging station at home to charge, there are sure benefits to charging your vehicle this way.
– Convenience: There is no arguing the convenience of charging your EV at home. You no longer have to plan portions of your day out to get your vehicle charged. You simply have to remember to plug it in at the end of the day so that it is fully charged and ready for the next day of driving.
– Cost: When you charge at home, it is definitely going to be cheaper than charging anywhere else. You will be paying for your residential energy rather than high prices at a public charging station. Also, the charging cost at your home doesn’t fluctuate like public charging rates.
– Battery Health: The public charging stations may charge your car at a fast rate, however, that comes at a cost. When your battery is charged quickly like that over and over again, it can be hard on the battery and lead to degradation much quicker than a slower charger at home that takes the entire night to get your battery charged.
– Home Value: More and more people are finding that they are better off driving an EV. This means that more people are going to be looking for them when they are buying a home. When you have an EV charging station installed in your home, you won’t only appeal to more buyers, but you will also see in increase in home value.
– Incentives: Depending on where you live, there are some government incentives to having a charging station installed at your home. Look into it if you have had an EV charging station installed.
EV Charging Station Installation & More in Pompano Beach, Imperial Point, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland & Fort Lauderdale, Florida
If you drive an EV and are thinking you need to have a EV car charging station installed at your home, you can turn to Burley Electrical Services to make sure it is done right. We will help you plan out the charging station location and get it installed so you can conveniently charge your EV. Call us today!