When it comes to the electrical system in your home, there are several things that can go wrong. It doesn’t matter if you live in an old house or one that was just built, you can still run into issues. Most of the time, in a new house, it happens because something wasn’t installed properly, but nonetheless, you can still run into problems. There are several electrical problems that are more common than others. Burley Electrical Services is here to talk about some of the most common electrical problems that homeowners often run into with their electrical systems.
How Do You Know if Your House has Electrical Issues?
While some of the issues we are going to talk about today may seem small, when you notice them happening in your home, you should work quickly to fix them before you are facing even bigger issues later.
– Flickering Lights: If you have a light that is flickering once and then it doesn’t happen again, it usually isn’t something you need to worry about. However, if you have lights that are consistently flickering on and off, you should have an electrician take a look at it. This is especially true if you have changed out the fixtures and are still experiencing flickering.
– Tripped Circuit Breakers: If you live in a home that has an outdated electrical panel, chances are, it can’t handle the electrical demands of today’s world. If you notice that you have breakers tripping when you use certain devices, it could be time to upgrade your panel or install a subpanel to help handle the electrical loads of your home.
– Hot Electrical Outlets: You shouldn’t ever feel an outlet in your home and have it feel hot when something is plugged into it. This is often a sign that there is some sort of electrical damage that has occurred, and it could be a fire hazard if you don’t get it fixed.
– Extension Cords: While extension cords and power bars can be useful, they shouldn’t be permanent fixtures in your home. They were never meant to be used for long term, but rather used to solve a need for more outlets temporarily. If you have too many power bars or extension cords in permanent use in your home, it’s time to have some more outlets installed in your home.
– Loose Plugs: When you have something plugged into an outlet, it should fit snuggly. If the plug is falling out of the outlet easily, there isn’t a secure connection that is needed to safely power the device plugged in. This is due to loose or worn contacts that need to be replaced.
Electrical Wiring Inspections, Emergency Repairs & More in Pompano Beach, Imperial Point, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland & Fort Lauderdale, Florida
If you have any of the problems listed above in your home, you need to call on the pros at Burley Electrical Services to come and address the electrical problem as soon as possible. We will make sure your home isn’t at risk of an electrical fire. Call us today!