Believe it or not, humans are incredibly photo-sensitive and don’t realize the effect light has on them. Determined by our Circadian rhythms, light and dark sets our body’s internal clock. Considering that fact, it’s no wonder studies have proven the effects that the lighting in our offices impacts productivity. Improving the light in your office is essential, for many reasons and we at Burley Electrical Services would like to expound on them.
How to Improve Office Fluorescent Lighting
1) Energy Efficient Light Bulb Savings: If you are in need of upgrading the lighting network in your office, first consider the improvement in both illumination and energy savings with CFL, LED, and other technological advances with the advantages a new lighting design offers.
2) Lighting Health Benefits: Flickering fluorescent lighting has the potential to trigger epileptic seizures.
3) Lighting Increases Productivity: Different tasks require different levels of lighting and it is important to ensure the light is effective for productivity and alertness. The minimum lighting for computer work station is 50 foot-candles, for example. The more complex the task is, the more the lighting is needed to essentially carry out the work safely.
4) Lighting Safety: As previously mentioned, the commercial building must have the most optimal light available to ensure wakefulness and productivity throughout the office. Not only can adequate lighting help in the office, but also in retail environments; proven to also enhance shoppers habits. Lighting assists in health and safety and if your commercial lighting is not up to standard, the complex nature can be dangerous when the tasks are being completed, resulting in severe consequences.
5) Lighting for Aging Eyes: Age impacts vision and lighting requirements escalate. In order for some seasoned workers to see at their full potential, they require a minimum of 70 foot candles in order to work.
6) Ergonomic Lighting: With excellent lighting design in conjunctions with that of indirect overhead lighting, natural lighting, and movable direct task lighting all in the correct proportions contribute to safe and comfortable working conditions, as far as the lighting goes.
7) Lighting Color: Warm and cool lighting colors are another factor that creates additional to safe and healthy workplace design lighting. Make certain the lighting works because in most cases, the commercial building lighting design that was done a few years or even decades ago is more than likely outdated lighting design. Talking with an electrician specialist can help you get your commercial office space designed with optimal lighting designs. After a comprehensive inspection including measuring of the lighting, the expert will suggest optimal solutions to upgrades for your electrical systems, lighting, fixtures and outlets as well as make the optimal adjustments.
Electrical Wiring Services in Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Plantation, Boca Raton, Davie, Fort Lauderdale & South Florida
If you feel your commercial lighting is lacking, contact Burley Electrical Services to improve the electrical lighting to boost the productivity, safety and satisfaction of working in your commercial office. Our experts will help you select the right design that is within budget but will allow you to reap the advantages. Call Burley Electrical Services today to get started on your commercial lighting enhancement.