LED lighting has come a long way in just a matter of a few years. They used to produce poor quality light and cost an outrageous amount of money. Now they are used in many different settings and are found to be the front runner when it comes to lighting options. Burley Electrical Services will share the reasons why LED lighting should be your go to in choosing your landscape lights.
Top Seven Reasons You Should Use LED Outdoor Landscape Lighting
1. Longevity– LED bulbs may cost more money upfront, but they pay off in the long run. An LED bulb can last up to 60,000 hours before it needs changing. This far supersedes other lighting options including halogen bulbs at only 2,000-5,000 hours. Because LED bulbs last so long, there is hardly ever a need to replace them.
2. Durability– Because an LED bulb isn’t made up of glass, they can withstand the effects of mother nature much better that other lighting options. They don’t have filaments that can break if they aren’t handled with the utmost care. They can handle being dropped or jostled in the wind or other forms of extreme weather without breaking.
3. Safety– Unlike halogen bulbs, LED bulbs emit no heat. A normal halogen bulb gives off 90% of its energy in heat. This makes it a fire hazard if its near anything that might be flammable, like dried leaves. Not only that, but they can be harmful to anyone that may touch them, causing painful burns. LED bulbs stay cool to the touch and therefore are much safer.
4. Energy Efficient– Using LED lights for your landscape lighting rather than halogen bulbs, can save you as much as 80% on your energy bill! This is just one more way that choosing LED can save you money in the long run.
5. Low Voltage– A low amount of voltage is necessary to run LED lights. Because of this, they can be easily hooked up to a solar-energy source which is ideal for outdoors.
6. Eco-Friendly– LED lights are made of non toxic materials. Other lighting options may have mercury in them which has been proven to be dangerous to our environment. LED lights are 100% recyclable and don’t require special measures to be taken when disposing of them.
7. More Controllable Light– LED lights can be a more customizable light choice. They can easily be dimmed for whatever effect you are going for and come in a wide assortment of colors. They are instantly bright when turned on, and can withstand being turned on and off as much as you want without burning out. They work great with dimmer switches and timers.
Burley Electrical Services offers residential and commercial landscape lighting in Pompano Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Fort Lauderdale & South Florida.
Though you may be hesitant to use LED lighting at first because it costs more money upfront, LED lighting can end up saving you a considerable amount of money in the long run. The technology of LED lighting has improved leaps and bounds in recent years, making LED lighting the leading choice in illuminating your landscape. Burley Electrical Services can help you bring the dramatic effects of lighting to your landscape today. Call us today.