If you have recently been looking through ideas for your kitchen makeover you have probably seen pictures of beautiful pictures with lighting under the cabinets. At first glance you may not even quite notice the lights. As you keep looking at pictures you will notice the beauty that under the cabinet lighting adds.
Under the cabinet lighting is a pretty self-explanatory concept. You install a light fixture directly underneath the cabinet. This lighting adds depth to the way that your kitchen looks. There are many different types of lighting to choose from for underneath your cabinets. Burley Electrical Services will talk about the options here.
Hardwired & Hardwired Under Cabinet Lighting Options
• Hardwired: This option allows you to have the lighting under the cabinets turn on with a light switch. Being able to turn the lights on with the flip of a switch makes the lights easy to turn on and off.
• Plug in: Some under the cabinet lighting fixtures plug into an electrical outlet. This option is less expensive than hard-wired lighting but it is also not as easy to turn on and off.
• Battery operated: Other light fixtures are battery operated. Each strand of lights or lighting fixture needs to be turned on individually. You will also need to replace the batteries over time.
Types of Under Cabinet Lighting; Light Bulbs for Pucks or Bars
After you decide how you want your lights to turn off and on you will need to decide what type of light you want. You can choose between a lighting bar or a puck. Pucks are small, round lights that concentrate the light into a small area. The lighting bar is rectangular and sheds light over larger areas. There are also different types of light to choose from. You can buy LED, incandescent light, and halogen bulbs. Each different type of bulb offers its own unique reasons for selecting them but overall LED lights offer the most benefits overall.
Is Under Cabinet Lighting Necessary? Does it Add Value?
There are many different benefits of under cabinet lighting. Here are just a few of the reasons that our customers here at Burley Electric Services have enjoyed after having under cabinet lighting installed.
• Easy Installation: If you are already remodeling your kitchen adding under the cabinet lighting is a breeze! Even if you are just adding lighting and not doing anything else it is easy enough to add lighting to just plug-in to an electrical outlet.
• Adds Style: Under the cabinet lighting adds style to your kitchen. Lighting adds depth and beauty that other features just can’t add.
• Less Shadows: People that love to cook will complain that they cannot see adequately when they are cooking on their countertops. Some of this is caused by the fact that you are standing in between the light and your counter. Adding lighting under your cabinets will give you a brighter cooking area to work on.
• Affordable: Under the cabinet lighting is a relatively inexpensive way to add beauty to your home. There are many different varieties to choose from so finding one that fits your budget is easy to do.
Lighting Consultations, Fixture Installations & More in Imperial Point, Pompano Beach, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Lighthouse Point, Parkland, Fort Lauderdale & South Florida
If you think that you want to bite the bullet and install under the cabinet lighting in your kitchen give Burley Electric a call. One of our electricians can come out and go over different options so that you can choose the one that best fits your home.