When you are planning the lighting for your home, accent lighting is something you don’t want to forget. It can dramatically affect the way your home looks and feels. Lighting has such a large impact on the overall mood of a room, that if you don’t have the right accent lighting, it may be holding your space back from becoming the design you are looking for. Burley Electrical Services is here to share some home accent lighting tips to help you achieve the lighting goals you have in your space.
Decorative Accent Lighting Ideas
If there is an area in your home that you are hoping to highlight, one of the best ways to do that is with lighting. You are able to direct the eyesight of others as soon as they walk into a space if you have concentrated light in that area. You will find that with the right accent lighting, you can add depth to the room that wasn’t there before. Following are some of our best home accent lighting tips.
– Backup Lighting: If you have a piece of artwork that you are wanting to highlight in the room, you can place lights behind it or below it, facing upwards to highlight the piece. It will give your artwork and your space a completely different feel when they walk in.
– Dimmers: When you have your light switches on dimmer switches, you have control over how much light is on. You will also find that with dimmer switches, your lightbulbs will last even longer as well.
– Lamps: If you’re looking for a way to add lighting and design at the same time, lamps is a great way to accomplish that. It is also less intimidating to make a change in a lamp than revamp your electrical system to add accent lighting. To give it a try, purchase a lamp that accents the décor in the space.
– Track Lighting: When you rely on track lighting for some accent light, you will have the ability to move the lights around as you see fit. You can change their direction as well as where the lights are located on the track.
– Direct Lighting: Direct lighting will help you highlight certain areas in your home. You can count on direct lighting to draw in the eye when entering a room.
– Recessed Lighting: Choosing recessed lighting to give you some accent lights is popular because it basically blends in with the ceiling and can blend in with whatever décor you have in the space. It still overs the accent lighting you need to give you ample light.
Lighting Consultations & More in Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Davie, Fort Lauderdale & South Florida
If your accent lighting is lacking, it may be time to call on the professionals at Burley Electrical Services to help amp up your game. We have highly trained electricians that will ensure the job is done right. Call us today! For more information, you can also visit www.burleyelectric.com.